One gallon of Rock Miracle later…

img_1681.jpg

And I’m still not done! I’ve been able to finish the frame and the exterior of the doors, but there’s still the underside and the interior doors to do. This weekends efforts have been to finish the interior rims of the frame. I’ve considered fudging this and leaving the edges white, but I have to do the right thing. I’m not going as ape shit with the paint stripper, as the finest and most difficult layers at the bottom will sand off nicely to the same effect. I’m not sick of sanding, where as I am of stripping.

I’ve also started to work on the door interiors by taking them off the frame. The hardware came off easily and will eventually get its paint removal bath. It’s been easier to work with the doors on a flat surface instead of on its hinges. But I couldn’t even undo the hinges without removing the paint – the screw heads were so gooked on with paint. All in all, I wish I used a heat gun!

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: